Geli (Growing Energy Labs, Inc) is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps engineer eager to work at the forefront of the rapidly expanding energy storage industry.
Geli provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage and microgrid systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems.
We're a growing Series-A funded company with 30+ employees headquartered in San Francisco, California with a growing office in Melbourne, Australia looking for an outstanding DevOps engineer fluent in technology that shares our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
The DevOps Engineer will design and manage our data centers and operate our cloud and on-site Linux systems. They will build tools and systems that make it easy to deploy, monitor, and report on usage and performance of our components, and will troubleshoot and resolve issues in production. The right candidate will be broadly capable of effectively utilizing modern open-source cloud technology, and will have a very strong focus on security and reliability.
- Operate, maintain, and upgrade our production AWS environment
- Manage automated monitoring, alert, escalation (currently OpsView & PagerDuty)
- Gather metrics and generate reports on performance, uptime, utilization, and cost
- Participate in on-call rotation for critical production environment issues
- Help with documentation and training for people covering on-call shifts
- Evaluate new technologies, services and software upgrades to improve our systems
- Balance configuration management vs. service/container management
- Ensure systems are secure and access is audited
- Strong background in Linux/UNIX system administration and security
- Can write code / scripts (Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Knows automated configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Deep knowledge of IP networks e.g. routing, firewalls, transport & wire protocols
Plus, hands-on experience with at least SOME of the following:
- Kubernetes, Docker, CloudFormation
- Clustered NoSQL systems (Cassandra/CQL, HBase)
- Message bus protocols and servers (AMQP/MQTT/STOMP; Kafka, RabbitMQ, Qpid)
- LDAP protocol and implementations (Apache DS, OpenLDAP, 389 DS)
- Elastic Stack, Grafana, OpenTSDB, Nginx
- Embedded operating systems, IoT, sensor networks, power systems
Benefits of Working at Geli
- Exposure to business models and technologies that are transforming worldwide electric markets and grid operations
- Aggressive Equity Compensation Plan
- 401k Matching
- Convenient location on Mission St in downtown San Francisco
- Open Vacation Policy
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Health Insurance Coverage