Geli is looking for a proven Software Engineer to join a driven software development team working on the core of our network of distributed energy resources. In this role, you will work on extending and scaling our backend responsible for processing telemetry streams from nodes in the field. You will excel in this role with a blend of backend development, microservice messaging, cloud and DevOps experience as well as a desire to take ownership of projects and push them over the line.
You will work closely with software and analytics engineers focusing on these topics:
- Develop and maintain new services within our microservice architecture
- Scale backend-capabilities
- Break components off the monolith into their own services
- Optimize time-series processing and storage
- Improve messaging infrastructure
- Manage services in Kubernete, ensuring reliability and availability
- Contribute to monitoring, logging and alerting
- Improve build pipelines and deployment processes
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment. We commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements.
- Gain in-depth experience in an exciting industry as you work with storage sizing, energy financial models, energy tariffs, storage controls & monitoring
- Geli’s engineering is a flat organization and you will directly report to the VP of Engineering.
- There are opportunities to take on data analytics responsibilities or lead teams, projects and/or become a scrum master.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter that thrives in a dynamic start-up environment. A strong work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills is equally important as being a team player who enjoys to learn and teach.
These skills will additionally help you to excel in the position:
- BS or higher degree with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent software engineering skills with Java (8+) or Kotlin
- Designing software systems
- Writing clean, maintainable, thoroughly tested, and shippable production code
- Expertise in software engineering best practices, design patterns, OOP, data-structures
- Hands-on microservice experience
- Creating services in Java or Kotlin
- Messaging with AMQP and MQTT through RabbitMQ
- Sound design decisions around messaging architecture, protocols and interfaces
- Backend development experience for web applications
- Experience with maintaining products that are in production
Experience in some of these fields will give you a jump start:
- Spring Boot
- RabbitMQ (MQTT and AMQP)
- Redis, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS (EKS, ECS, RDS, EC2, S3, networking)
- Ansible, Gradle, Jenkins
- Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty, NewRelic, Mixpanel
- Slack, Bitbucket, Jira, G-Suite
- Knowledge of cloud, IoT technologies, and scalable platforms
As a member of the team, you will have a significant influence on the direction of our technology stack.
- Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
- Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact on the success of the company
- Growth: leading international energy OEMs, developers and utilities trust us to modernize the trillion dollar energy industry with them and we need to grow to keep up with the demand
- Casual working environment: there’s no need to dress up.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation plan
- 401K with company matching
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter reimbursement
- Convenient SOMA location on Mission St in downtown San Francisco (short walk to Montgomery Street BART)
We value the insights that a diverse team brings. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech. Geli is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Geli provides software and business solutions to design, automate, and manage energy storage systems. Geli’s suite of products creates an ecosystem where project developers, OEMs, financiers, and project operators can deploy advanced energy projects using a seamless hardware-agnostic platform. Geli is a Series A company whose software actively manages megawatts of projects that are deployed around the world.